Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You mean I have to do this again?!?

Well, as life would have it, you never get to do things how you plan them. After my competition ended I was able to keep off the weight for a few months. And then life hit me. I was stressed out to the max from work and personal life issues. After another 3 months I have found myself back where I started. Luckily I have a few people at work who decided to start up the Biggest Loser competition again! YAY! So, this blog is now going to turn into what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. This spring doesn't look to be "easy" as far as stress level goes so hopefully I can learn what I need to do in order to keep off the weight this time.

I started back up in the gym yesterday and let me say that it felt great! I did some interval training with the treadmill. I am glad to say that I am not completely out of shape, the way I was the last time I started all of this. My body just has more weight on it. I am doing some traveling this week for work and will use the gym downstairs. Part of my tips this time are going to include how to work out when you have very few options. The gym in the hotel has a few treadmills, an elliptical, a small weight machine, and some medicine balls. My plan is to use the treadmill and also do some ab work with the medicine balls. It's difficult to find a good workout plan when there are limited cardio and weight machines. However, that is why I keep a good interval running regime in my routine. No matter what, if a hotel has a gym, there will be a treadmill. It may be the worst treadmill you've ever run on, but, it's a treadmill.

I'm also going to post some stuff that I'm learning as far as diet goes, especially on the road. I brought some almonds with me for snacks and also brought some protein bars. The hotel has a free breakfast which I plan on hitting up the fruit for in the morning. I will most likely have the protein bars for breakfast along with the fruit. That should keep me satisfied until lunch time where I'll find a good salad option wherever I go. Dinner is what is killer on the road. After a long day all you want to do is go sit somewhere and eat a big plate. My plan is to have all my dinners either be vegetarian or of the fish variety. There are ways of "eating lean" on the road, it's just a little more expensive. Of course for me it's easier to not want a snack during the day because there really isn't an option to have one throughout the day if you're busy training. So lunches and breakfasts need to be solid choices.

My goal is to eat around 1400-1500 calories a day (maybe a little more depending on the workout I have planned) and if I don't get a chance to work out it will be around 1200-1300. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment